Cassie Navarro protects employee rights by exclusively representing individuals who have faced discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and unlawful drug and alcohol testing at work. She also serves on our class action and consumer litigation teams, specializing in consumer reporting and wage and hour violations. Cassie joined Baillon Thome Jozwiak & Wanta LLP in June of 2013 as a Law Clerk and began as an Associate Attorney after her admission to the bar.
Cassie graduated summa cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law, where she gained practical litigation experience as a student attorney representing clients in district court and arguing in front of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Publications and Presentations
- Employment Discrimination under Title VII and the ADEA, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Guest Lecturer, Mar. 28 and 30, 2016
- Five-Part Workshop Series, Employment Law Essentials for the Performing Arts Community, Minnesota Theater Alliance, Presenter with Chris Jozwiak and Penelope Phillips, 2015-2016
- Employment Law Issues for the Poverty Law Attorney: Discrimination and Harassment, Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment, Presenter with Chris Jozwiak, 2015
Ketty v. Parkinson’s Specialty Care, LLC, No. 14-CV-04849, 2016 WL 3034158 (D. Minn. May 27, 2016) (final court approval of collective action settlement awarding a group of certified nursing assistants unpaid overtime premium pay and full liquidated damages pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act)
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Employee Lawyers Association of the Upper Midwest
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, B.A.
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota