Dustin W. Massie represents employees who have been wrongfully terminated and have experienced discrimination, retaliation, harassment, or other illegal treatment in the workplace. Dustin’s commitment to workers’ rights is rooted in the combination of his law studies and his passion for understanding labor movements and how individuals can work together for change. A summa cum laude graduate in Spanish and international affairs, Dustin has studied in Spain, where he served as a cultural ambassador with the Spanish Ministry of Education. His interests in language and political science also took him to Germany for two years where he engaged in cultural and business studies at the University of Passau and to Argentina as a participant in the Global Leadership Program. Before law school, he participated in a fellowship program on American civics and leadership in Washington, D.C.
During law school at the University of Minnesota, Dustin received a concentration in labor and employment law and clerked for a Minneapolis employment law firm. He also served on the ABA Journal of Labor and Employment Law as a staff editor, where his article on a recent and influential class action case, Dukes v. Wal-Mart, was published. Before joining the firm Dustin represented employees and consumers in class action litigation where he held business accountable for fraudulent, deceptive and illegal practices.
Publications and Presentations
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Recent Developments in Employment Law, MLBA Annual Conference, Panelist with Joni M. Thome, Feb. 4, 2017
- Too Soon for Employers to Celebrate?: How Plaintiffs are Prevailing Post-Dukes, ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law, Volume 29, Number 1, Fall 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D.; Editor, ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law
- Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA, B.A. in Spanish, summa cum laude; B.A. in International Affairs, summa cum laude
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Washington Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois